Thursday, April 10, 2008

Long time no see

Back in the negotiating habit as we embark upon the contract renewal for our school and community service professionals (SCSP). We have some very clear goals for the SCSP group, especially around creative and equitable leave language and a balanced salary schedule.

In the meantime, I found an article in Teacher Magazine that seemed to cut across all three bargaining units, despite being focused around empowering teachers, because the focus is on creating a workplace that is conducive to doing your best work by addressing working conditions.

I invite you to check it out (I've included the link below) and let me know your reactions to it. I will share it with our SPFT Executive Board and any district official who will listen to me.

http://www.teachermagazine.org/tm/articles/2008/03/01/02hirsch.h01.html?print=1

No comments: